Food food and food

Here you can post everything about food, what should you feed your discus, what
should you avoid, how to make your own food mix, etc.

Moderator: DPH Moderators

Food food and food

Postby Mats Ekholm » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:06 am

Hi DPH members :welcome:

Thought it would be nice to know what you feed to your Fish and also your recipe..

I use a little of this and that.. but mostly Beef heart mixed with salomon and some spirulina and fruit.. Some times i also make mixes with red wrigglers/compost worms..

So what is the ultimate food for Discus...and do you make a different mix for your young growing fish..

How often do you feed your fish.. and do you feed your adults as often as your young fish..
Brg-Matte- :owl:
Im not confused, Im just well mixed !
Mats Ekholm
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Fred Goodall » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:44 pm

HI Matte :welcome:

I have been using ground turkey meat due to lack of time... and feed adults much less often than young discus. I tend to keep the "mix" really simple... like the article... but give worms directly for a meal... brine shrimp to keep them "hunting shape" once a week or every 2 weeks. Worms when ever I get into the compost bin / worm bin / digester for garden.
Regards,

fred :hat:

"You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?""(Bernard Shaw)
Fred Goodall
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dougall Stewart » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:01 am

I use Freds beefheart mix and havve started to try several variants using offal of many animals as well as breast meat from turkey and chicken.

I also use a 'special mix' medicated variant.

Once I have spoken with Fred and finished some work I will happily put more info up.

what I will say is you cant go wrong with the original recipe. It is there, and it is good for a reason!
All the best
Dougall Stewart
Dougall Stewart
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Food and Nutrition