[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Discus Page Holland • View topic - All over kick start...

All over kick start...

Place here Off Topic messages, subjects or non "aquarium" questions.

Moderator: DPH Moderators

All over kick start...

Postby Mohammad Masud » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:44 am

Hello Old friends
its been a while since my last post to be exact around 2 years. About 2 years ago when i got married i was not able to give time to my discus they were neglected :fronw: . I overdosed formalin and kill all my discus including 2 breeding pairs that was a disaster all my efforts and hard work lost overnight.

I did not give up, after so many years of discus keeping i learned a thing or two. I am planning to start all over again but this time i will Inshallah make it very easily manageable so manageable that a 5 year old kid will say its a kids stuff.

I have planned to build an automatic water changer, this is the first line in my planning book :smile:

Please share you idea on how you keep you setup simple to manage.

Best Regards
Masud.
"The best among people is one who is a source of benefit to the people." -Sahih Hadith
Mohammad Masud
regular visitor
regular visitor

Re: All over kick start...

Postby Tony Vaughan » Sun May 08, 2011 11:07 am

Hi Masud,

Sorry to hear of your troubles and congrats on your marriage :wink:

Good to hear that you are starting up again and I'm sure you have learned lessons that all discus keepers are taught by their fish.

I'm afraid I can't give you any tips on an auto water change system as I do mine the hard way :(

Keep us posted on your work and maybe you will teach me a thing or two.

Best Regards....................Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mohammad Masud » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:52 am

hi..
just for record or for my record... :smile: ... its been 2 more years since my last post where i said i will make an automatic water changing system which i finally made.
It took me few days to make it specially the electronics part, i also did all the plumbing myself :smile: . My AWC with schedule system is fully programmable with some safety features and some extra features like "feed my fish" where it will turn of my filters for a pre defined time etc...

Hope everyone's is having fun...
Regards
"The best among people is one who is a source of benefit to the people." -Sahih Hadith
Mohammad Masud
regular visitor
regular visitor

Postby Tony Vaughan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:21 am

Hi Masud :welcome:

Congrats and it sounds like you are on top of things :thumbsup:

it would be great to see some pics so if you have the time I (as I'm sure others too) would love to see them too :wink:

Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mohammad Masud » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi Tony :smile:
i just took some pics from my phone to share with you.

The first pic shows float valve which is a safety feature. there will a float sensor switch which will stop filling the tank. in case that fails the float valve will shut off before flooding.
https://plus.google.com/photos/11563620 ... banner=pwa

second pic shows the power head which is connected to the drain pipe to drain water.

pvc pipe to supply water and rubber python for drain, may change the drain pipe to to pvc. There is a water solenoid which is not yet connected to the supply pvc pipe

some pics of lcd display of centeral controller. still in breadboard and testing.

Regards.
Mohammad Masud
regular visitor
regular visitor

Postby Tony Vaughan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:21 am

Nice :thumbsup:

I like the techie part :wink:

Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mohammad Masud » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:54 am

Its not finished yet. I have made the entire plumbing things more arranged and better. I will share the final pic soon.

For the first time my mother changed my aquarium water :smile: :smile: :smile: while i was away for for a while....isnt that great., :smile:. I just had to tell her over the phone.
Mohammad Masud
regular visitor
regular visitor

Postby Mohammad Masud » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:09 am

Hi..
Not much activity in the forum. Anyway just decided to share how my automatic water changing system looks like. Its completed and been running for over 9 months, I LOVE IT alhumdullilah. Things never been this easy :smile: :smile: . Video of my Device http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R-pJrwZ2D0

Regards.
Mohammad Masud
regular visitor
regular visitor

Postby Morten Garathun-Hansen » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:57 am

Hi Mohammad

Looks very intersting. Do you have any pictures of your set-up, sumps, water storage ie, you are using together with this unit?

Morten :bwian:
Morten Garathun-Hansen

Postby Mohammad Masud » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:47 am

Hello Morten
great to hear from you. There is no sump, just the tank with 2 power head and my controller. the water comes from utility water line (ground water) and before going to the tank passes through a .5um PP filter and active carbon filter. have a look below the rusted Acqua labeled is the filter, the 2 green pvc pipe is for water in and drain. 1power head for draining and 2nd power head for cleaning the bottom and a pleco for glass cleaning.

i am staying in my father in laws house for the last 2 months, i visit my house once every 2 weeks for 1 hour or so. My mother just feeds the fishes, and alhumdullilah all my discus and tank is in excellent shape. aint that great :smile: :smile: :smile: . i have set it to change water every day :smile: :smile:

Mohammad Masud
regular visitor
regular visitor

Postby Morten Garathun-Hansen » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi,

Great to hear from you as well :smile:

Thanks for the information.

Great to have a mother who can take care of your fishes ( my mother do this for me in some periods also :bwian: )
Morten Garathun-Hansen

Postby Mohammad Masud » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:41 am

:smile: :smile: :smile:
Mohammad Masud
regular visitor
regular visitor

Return to General Chat