[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Discus Page Holland • View topic - What can I say about Duisburg Show

What can I say about Duisburg Show

Here you find the last information on Aquarium and Discus shows.

Moderator: DPH Moderators

What can I say about Duisburg Show

Postby Walter Soestbergen » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:24 pm

Hello All,

We are home and I can say we had a good time. Busy every day from 6 o'clock in the morning till 2 o'clock in the night!

Ofcource not only work but also after 19:00 hour we talked with lot of friends at dinner or at the bar! over and over again and with pleasure!

It is nice to meet everytime new people who are from the forum and you never met before, and to meet old friends again. I like that!

This show was in my opinion beter then the last time. There was more quality fish in it.

The show got visited with almost as many people as last time (136 less) but still with 36000+ visitors it is a lot.

Our goal was to put as much as posible good photo's online from all the tanks but I think all can understand that this can not been done in this time frame! More then 330 tanks with fish is impossible to do even for an profesional photographer (which I am not).

So I am proud to have many photo's online and even some very good ones!

I tryed to put the best photo's online from the winners and will later place a bunch of good other shots online in an overview page!

This year Jack Wattley was again at the show and we had every day some nice talks. While we agreed to get a chat from him for 30 minits because he had a very busy shedule he still stayed for 1 hour. This man loves talking about discus fish and ofource we are good guy's so he stayed longer. Actually they came and get him to get to do some other things because he was to late!!!!

Further we met (ofcource) Bernd Degen and his son Micheal, Horst Köhler, Shaifullah Yeng, Johnny Yip, Andrew, Roy Khoo all people from Fish King Discus, Sam Ng, Rob de Fouw, Jörg Stendker, jeffrey Tan, Shahar Danziger and many many more!

Special thanks are going to Karsten Kress, Tony Vaughan and Bob Grainger who helped us a lot at the booth, thanks GUY's you where a great help!!!!!.

And not to forget to thank everybody who came at the boot and took the time to talk with us! It was a pleasure to see Cristina, Martin, Morten, Raúl and all I forgot (remember I am getting old).

From the photo's I took I think these 2 are very special and I like them the most (for now) and will try to frame them!

click on them to the full version

So I probably forget a lot to write down but then I will added it later.

and I am ready looking out for 2008!

regards Walter
Last edited by Walter Soestbergen on Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm myself, there are already enough others.
Walter Soestbergen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Serge Beaudoin » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:19 pm

Serge Beaudoin
V.I.P.

Postby Tony Vaughan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:06 pm

Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Sid Adam » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:06 pm

Look after the water ,and the discus will look after themselves
Sid Adam
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Martin Astrom » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:54 am

Be gentile i am sensitve.
Martin Astrom
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Sid Adam » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:59 am

Look after the water ,and the discus will look after themselves
Sid Adam
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Martin Astrom » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:03 am

Be gentile i am sensitve.
Martin Astrom
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Cristina Pedrosa » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:35 am

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticism" George Eliot
Cristina Pedrosa
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Events