[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Discus Page Holland • View topic - Discus Club Holland

Discus Club Holland

Here you find the last information on Aquarium and Discus shows.

Moderator: DPH Moderators

Re: Discus Club Holland

Postby Tony Vaughan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:04 pm

I do not know Mrs TJ so it is not fair for me to judge :wink:

I think personally that he is not a man or a mouse but more like a Bosse's p*** :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Best Regards.................Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Maria Ashton » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:19 am

Hi Tony

I popped along to the show on Saturday afternoon and really enjoyed it, my husband was less than thrilled to accompany me but then wanted to buy more discus once we were there. I did think that one or two of the discus, which were for sale, were looking a tad distressed. The show discus were amazing, I could not get over the size of some of them.

Once I am more used to discus I want to get some wilds and some Red Scriblets. We did get a couple of blue rams for our community tank and they are great.

Shame we didn't get the chance to meet, I did think about asking around but felt a bit silly.

Maria
Maria Ashton
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tony Vaughan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi Maria,

I am disappointed that we did not meet at the show as I was looking forward to it. After all.....................I DON'T BITE :bwian: :bwian: :bwian:

Good to hear you enjoyed the show, personally I think it was again a huge success. Yeah, the rams were nice, I got two (a paar) to bring home but I'm not sure that they are a "pair". I paid €15 for two and here in Ireland they sell for €17.95 EACH !!!!!!

Saturday was the busiest day and for some of it I was help Jason Wu bag some fish while suffering from a hangover :erm: :erm: :erm: but I would have still loved to meet both you and your husband..........maybe another time :wink:

You won't know what silly is until you meet me :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin:

Best Regards..................Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mark Evenden » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:10 pm

"Semper Fidelis"
Mark Evenden
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Tony Vaughan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:33 am

Less of your cheek Mr Evenden :nono: :nono: :nono:
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Maria Ashton » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:09 am

laugh out loud.
I am not sure our rams are a pair either but they were a bargain and I love them, they look so cool in the tank.
Jason and his gang won a lot of awards didn't they, I was surprised they didnt just stay up on the stand.
As for the hangover when I was young I used to drink like a fish and never had a problem, these days one or two glasses of wine can cause me grief the next morning and dealing with three under fives and a headache is not the best.

Enjoy your weekend
Maria
Maria Ashton
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tony Vaughan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:23 am

:wink:

I am not too worried about the rams either way cos I have both male and female wilds than I can try and tease them with :thumbsup:

Yes, Jason and Team did win a lot but I guess that's what happens when you treat great fish properly. I think there are some players that might make the next show more interesting :question: :question: :question:

Not a big wine fan myself and I'm trying to cut down on the beer because I want to do a few Marathons next year. Three under 5 :eek: :eek: :eek: I have two under 10 so I kinda know what you are talking about.

You guys enjoy it too :wink:

Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Maria Ashton » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:46 am

completely off track here but I am also on the simply discus forum and have been following some really interesting posts, do you rem I said I had a whirling fish and you said you had only seen that in wilds? Well post number 49, page 4 http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthrea ... scus/page4 talks about certain bacteria found in wilds and its effect. Discusmama (gotta love the user names) had a batch of wilds and lost them not so long ago, they all seemed fine then the whirling and darting started and it all went downhill.

I kept thinking it is all about husbandry with these fish but it seems sometimes its just beyond your control, must be heartbreaking and scary to loose fish in this way

Anyway makes me happy mine are all fine thus far and I enjoy them all the more

Maria
Maria Ashton
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tony Vaughan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi Maria,

Interesting reading alright.

I still think that a very stringent QT system in place will lead to better and healthier fish when imported be they from the wild or from anothers tanks. Far too often people ignore the necessity of a good QT regime to the pearl. To make things worse there is a huge range of parasites than can kill fish if they go unchecked.

Best Regards................Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Maria Ashton » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:58 am

Absolutely but I was also reading about what happened to Hans earlier this year - believe he used to be a NL trader and went to the US and set up, you probably know him. He took the painful decision to cull 4000 discus. I am damn sure he observed qt procedures.

Anyway how are your new rams doing?
Maria Ashton
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tony Vaughan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:41 am

Hi Maria :welcome:

Yes, I know Discus Hans well :thumbsup:

I gave a donation for the pathology work that was being done on a sample of the fish but I've not heard anymore on the subject yet. It would be good to hear or see the results of the testing that was done. I think he culled them too quickly IMO but then again I was not in his fish room.

Got some bad news on the rams :mecry: :mecry: the school was closed for mid term the week after they were put in the tank and then I was off to judge in Sweden. While I was in Sweden I got a text from the school secretary to say some of the fish were dead. Unfortunately there was nothing I could do until I got home on the Monday. When I did the rams were dead and so were the cardinals. Funnily enough none of the pencil fish died.

Any update on yours :question: :question: :question:

Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tony Vaughan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:33 pm

Forgot to mention that I had the pleasure of meeting Mrs TJ in Sweden. Susanne is sweet, funny and very good looking. Not sure to be honest what she is doing with TJ LOL :wink:

Oh yes, forgot to mention that she likes my Poitín :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin: :eek:

Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Maria Ashton » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Sorry been offline a bit, house full of sick people including me :smile: anyway the rams are okay - not sure what to expect from them as they seem quite young but they do not appear to be a pair. I lost a German Ram, it developed pop eye and I panicked, added easylife, did a massive water change and waited. Unfortunately it passed but the rest of the fish seemed okay so perhaps it was something internal. I am still struggling with my little runt who goes black a lot, I wonder if I should remove it and try and feed it up in a separate tank. I read lots of opinions on SD which say you should cull such fish but I am not sure I could bring myself to.

Re Discus Hans I think there was a thread on SD which said what the results were, it went up not so long ago - will try and dig it out.
Maria Ashton
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tony Vaughan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:18 am

No need to apologise Maria - I know as well as anyone else that we all have lives outside of DPH :wink:

Sorry to hear that family members are ill, get well soon...................have you tried salt dips :eek: :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin:

Popeye IMO is often a sign that things are worse internally than they might appear externally...........JMO I do not agree with the advice that you should cull a runt. If this is your fish then it is your choice but often runts are pets...........wasn't Nemo deformed :question: :?: :question: :?: What I would say is that runts should never be used to breed.

I would be grateful if you could source that link on Simply. I'd like to have a read. I do not frequent Simply as IMO there are some people that have their own agenda's that they often like to air :wink:

Best Regards................Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Maria Ashton » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:45 am

Tony

Seems he never found out but thinks it came from the wilds, there are a number of threads on the topic of the dreaded cryptobia. If you read from page one its quite heart wrenching, I know they are fish but I can imagine it was tough for him.
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthrea ... .../page14 - see post #200

He recently posted that he is getting back up to speed after having to lay off help and has been working all hours so maybe thats why you didnt hear from him
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthrea ... highlight=

I know what you mean about SD but I have learnt a lot from it, I take some things with a pinch of salt :smile:

Next time one of the kids falls ill I will try a salt dip :biggrin:

Maria
Maria Ashton
Rookie
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to Events