Hatchery Tanks and equipment for sale

Only meant for private party adds. Your message will stay online for 31 days.

Moderator: DPH Moderators

Hatchery Tanks and equipment for sale

Postby Davis Gailitis » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:46 pm

Hello to all.

This is a for sale post as I have shut down my hatchery and have not found the time to restart the venture in almost 3 years. This is due to having an addition to my family and now another on the way and not being able to afford the proper time needed to my old venture. It will be pared down to a hobby again until later on if and when I can find the time again.

ALL tanks and equipment are used. Tanks have minor scratching and scuffing from use in a hatchery. Because tanks have been stored in an unheated environment some paint on tanks have cracked (just paint not glass) from expansion/contraction. ALL purchases are cash and carry. ALL sales are final.

For Sale:

4 x Double Tiered 55 gallon tank setups for sale. Each of these consists of the following:
• 2 x 55 painted 55 gallon tanks. Background painted light blue bottoms painted off white (couple of tank bottoms are darker glass). Tanks had been drilled for system and some have PVC tubing in them, others have had removed and glass patch plate siliconed in place.
• Tank covers, ½” thick clear Plexiglas.
• Each tank will have a 250W Ebo Jagger Heater (so two 250W heaters per set-up)
• Each tank will have a Hydro Sponge Filter (with used sponge) no air line.
• 1/2” painted black metal stand with plywood and foam shelf

2 x Double Tiered 55 gallon tank setups for sale. Each of these consists of the following:
• 2 x 55 painted 55 gallon tanks. Top tanks are painted ALL off white and split in half with a white acrylic Plexiglas divider siliconed in place (these tanks were used for breeding pairs of Discus). Bottom tanks background painted light blue, bottoms painted off white (couple of tank bottoms are darker glass). Tanks had been drilled for system and some have PVC tubing in them, others have had removed and glass patch plate siliconed in place.
• Each Breeding tank has 2 x 150W Ebo Jagger Heaters and the bottom tanks have 1 x 250W Ebo Jagger heater.
• Each tank will have a Hydro Sponge Filter (with used sponge) no air line.
• 1/2” painted black metal stand with plywood and foam shelf

Above set-ups can include single 4Â’ florescent light fixture per tank if wanted.

Above set-ups $150.00 each

1 x 100 gallon tank with black metal stand. Tank has cork bark tiers (backgrounds) plus intake for filter hose siliconed into tank (can be easily removed). Had been used as planted tank and if wanted can give link to webpage that has images of it if requested. Tank will include:
• 1 x 250W Ebo Jagger Heater
• 1 x Hydro Sponge filter (no airline)
Above tank $150.00

2 x 65 gallon Tall tanks. Each consists of the following:
• 65 gallon Tall tank. Tanks drilled for system (upper right ¾” hole). Background painted light blue, bottoms painted off white.
• 1 x 250Watt Ebo Jagger heater
• 1 x Hydro Sponge filter (no air line)
• Can have stand included but is much larger then tank (can accommodate 10 gallon tank on same shelf. Shelf is also couple inches deeper then tanks) these would include plywood and foam base. One shelving unit has two shelves.

Above tanks $100.00 each

Homemade Trickle filter:
• ALL glass construction (1/4”)
• Measurements are: W26.75” x D23.75” x H13”
• Has Main compartment with shelf made of egg crate material (electrical light fixture stuff) sitting 2 inches approx. above bottom to house and hold lava rock. Secondary compartment as sump area. Hole drilled and attached to pump.
• Pump attached to ply shelf. Little Giant Pump model 2-MDQ-SC 510g per at 1 foot head 14.4 foot head max.
• Top cover which has sprinkler head attached to disperse water evenly.
• Enough lava rock to fill main compartment.

Above Trickle filter and Pump $250.00

Homemade filter (somewhat trickle):
• ALL glass construction (1/4”)
• 4 compartments. Progressive in height from water entrance to sump area....is gravity fed.
• 3 x sponges for filter compartments. Some Ceramic Noodle filter media also included.
• Measurements: W15.5” x D25.75” x H11.25” (width and depth depends on placement)

Above Filter $100.00

Above Three Items can be sold together as a unit as originally built as a system see attached picture of whole unit together.

Pump:
• Little Giant Pump model TE-5-MD-SC. 1/8 horse. Flow 1200 (63 LPM) @ 1' of Head. 6’ cord. Shut off 29.3.
• New in box never been wired

Above pump $300.00

Also available:

Sundry tanks (5 and 10 gallon painted) and bits and pieces (nets, pump parts do dads so on) to those that purchase other equipment, price can be negotiated at point of purchase. Also ask about equipment as might have just forgot to write it down, who knows I might have it.

Thanks

Davis

Serious inquiries only

adeledavis@rogers.com
I'll have one of those: Redspottedbluestrippedoceansunshinebrilliantmidnightgolsleopardsnakegreanwild marlborofinelinedspotinspotturqbrown's please! Does it breed true???
Davis Gailitis
V.I.P.

Pictures located in personal album

Postby Davis Gailitis » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:04 pm

Hi again all.

I have just uploaded pictures of the tanks equipment for sale into my personal photo album....

http://forum.discusnews.com/discus-sion ... ?user_id=5

Hope this helps.

Davis
I'll have one of those: Redspottedbluestrippedoceansunshinebrilliantmidnightgolsleopardsnakegreanwild marlborofinelinedspotinspotturqbrown's please! Does it breed true???
Davis Gailitis
V.I.P.

Postby Judy Sparkes » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:52 am

Darnit Davis! Kitchener Waterloo Aquarium Society had their "Oktoberfish" event today.....would have been a great place to take everything to auction and get the job done. Have you posted this in other local forums??

I may be interested in a couple of those 55 g setups.

Congrats on another bun in the oven!! :blush:

Jude :glasses:
Life is what happens when you're busy making plans!
Judy Sparkes
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Davis Gailitis » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:37 am

Hey Jude long time no chat... :welcome:

Yes been posted on other forums also as want to sell equipment :smile:

If your interested in the 55's please let me know as will be first come first serve

Auctions are nice but hey got to much stuff and want it cash and carry by others hahahaah lol :wink:

ty for the congrats will pass it on to Adele

Davis :davis:
Davis Gailitis
V.I.P.

Postby Davis Gailitis » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:28 pm

As forgot a couple of things and have been asked on other forums figure would be nice to post them up here......

100 gallon tank measurements as follows:

All measurements are outside dimentions as am assuming want to fit it in somewhere....

Tank: W60" x D18.25" x H24.25"
Stand: W63.5" x D18.5" x H28.25"

So total measurement with stand and tank:

W63.5" x D18.5" x H 52.5"

Sizes of the 55g double tiered units and also the 65g units.....here are measurements:

55g double tiered....total dimention of unit's...H68" to top of tank x W39" x D19" the Breeding ones are a titch smaller tank on top so height is: 65.25" tall

The 65g system unit thing or seperate whatever you want...tanks themselves: W36.25" xH24" x D18.25.....with stand and remember pointed out stand is much bigger.....W52" x D24" and shelf sits at 22" height.

Hope this helps.

Davis Gailitis
V.I.P.

Postby Sid Adam » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:02 pm

A buddie , long time no speak huh ...shame your giving up altogether, but your gonna have your hands full i see with a new addition to the family ...I hope you and the family are well ..speak soon and catch up wi ya ok bud
Look after the water ,and the discus will look after themselves
Sid Adam
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Davis Gailitis » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:00 pm

SID!!!! Hehhehe what's shakin? Nah not givin' up entirely am savin' another 100g for myself to put in basement and will be either setting up a 65g or 20g tank in kitchen fully planted for hobbyist sake. Is a shame looked around and have no animals in the house right now (cat passed away last year at 21 years of age) And want the munchkins to have something to learn from so that why will also still dabble and am sure as we have all seen that will be back at some point in the future as the Discus bug never really goes away! Have a good one buds!
Davis Gailitis
V.I.P.

Price Drop

Postby Davis Gailitis » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:06 pm

Price Drop.

Double tiered 55g setups was $150.00 each now $125.00

100g tank with stand was $150.00 now $125.00

2x65g Tall tanks was $100.00 each are now $80.00

Trickle Filter with pump was $250 now $225.00

Filter was $100.00 now $80.00

Pump was $300.00 now $250.00

Davis Gailitis
V.I.P.

Postby Davis Gailitis » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:03 am

2x65g Tall Tanks SOLD
Davis Gailitis
V.I.P.

Postby Davis Gailitis » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:41 pm

100g Tank SOLD
Davis Gailitis
V.I.P.

Price Drop again!

Postby Davis Gailitis » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:46 pm

Davis Gailitis wrote:Price Drop.

Double teired 55g tanks Now only $100.00 each!

Trickle Filter with pump Now only $200.00!

Filter Now only $80.00

Inline Pump Now only $250.00

Davis Gailitis
V.I.P.

Re: Price Drop again!

Postby Davis Gailitis » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:19 pm

Davis Gailitis wrote:
Davis Gailitis wrote:Price Drop.

Double teired 55g tanks Now only $100.00 each!

Trickle Filter with pump Now only $200.00!

Filter Now only $80.00

Inline Pump Now only $250.00

New Price changes....

Trickle Filter with pump $175.00

Filter$75.00

Inline Pump$225.00

Davis Gailitis
V.I.P.

Postby Davis Gailitis » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:35 pm

One of the Regular Double 55g Tiered tank units has been sold.

3 Regular Double 55g Tiered units left
2 Breeding Double 55g Tiered units left

Davis Gailitis
V.I.P.

Postby Davis Gailitis » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:43 pm

More tanks and filters sold:

2 Regular Double 55g Tiered units SOLD
1 Breeding Double 55g Tiered units SOLD
Homemade Filter (Walter design) SOLD

Left for Sale:

1 Regular Double Tiered 55g unit
1 Breeding Double Tiered 55g unit
New pump
Homemade Trickle filter with lava rock

See prices above

Davis Gailitis
V.I.P.

Return to For Sale / Request / Free / Searching for