[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Discus Page Holland • View topic - My new tank pH shot up today

My new tank pH shot up today

Here you can ask questions about filters, filter materials, waterchanges, water parameters, water preparation, etc.

Moderator: DPH Moderators

Re: My new tank pH shot up today

Postby Mark Woodhouse » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Hahahahah, if you'd have said 80 Kilo's i would have been impressed, never mind 800, impressive stats indeed! :eek:
GONE FISHING
Mark Woodhouse
regular visitor
regular visitor

Postby Tony Vaughan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Hi Mark,

Leave it with me, I'll talk to Jorg or Volker tomorrow if I can and post up some pics................just to give you all an idea and to tease the discussion :erm: :erm: :erm:

Hopefully I will get permission to show the pics :wink:

Best Regards.................Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mark Woodhouse » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:00 pm

That would be fantastic Tony...I always enjoy looking at other peoples set-ups and how they do things...I spend hours just on youtube looking at the Discus farms etc, i never ever get bored, maybe i just have too much time on my hands, should i really have this much time, maybe it should be used to water change water change water change!
GONE FISHING
Mark Woodhouse
regular visitor
regular visitor

Postby Tony Vaughan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:33 pm

To be honest Mark. I think the Stendker place is frustrating.................the fact alone that they keep it so simple.

Let me give you another fact. They have rows of tanks.........at the bottom of each row is a filter going the full length of the tanks above...........all it is 9x2 boards made into a box............several compartments separated by sheets of foam..........some compartments with media others just with water..........water is drained from the tanks at one end and passes through the filter and returns at the other end.

I'll call them tomorrow to get some pics :wink:

Best Regards..................Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tony Vaughan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:39 am

Hi Mark :welcome:

I've got permission from Stendker Gmbh to post some pics. Unfortunately I'm having some desktop problems so I'm on my laptop for this (and the pics are on the desktop). So please bear with me while I try to resolve the issue :wink:

Best regards...................Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mark Woodhouse » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:23 am

I can feel more jealousy about to appear again! :biggrin:
GONE FISHING
Mark Woodhouse
regular visitor
regular visitor

Postby Tony Vaughan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:43 am

I looked at the pics again yesterday and even still i ask myself......................HTF can they fit them in there :question: :?: :question:

I have said it to Jorg and Stendker in person.......................for every rule that was written about Discus they have torn up the rule book :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

Hopefully you will see what i mean when I can post the pics :wink:

Best Regards........................Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Maria Ashton » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:59 pm

waiting for the pics :smile:
Maria Ashton
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tony Vaughan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:40 pm

Typical Woman..............no patience :nono: :nono: :nono:

:biggrin: :eek: :biggrin: :eek:
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tony Vaughan » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:16 am

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience :wink:

Pics are located

Best Regards.................Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mark Evenden » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:19 pm

"Semper Fidelis"
Mark Evenden
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Tony Vaughan » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:38 pm

Very Good point :thumbsup: MJE :wink:

Best Regards...............Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Paul Tordoff » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Hey all, still no discus yet, my tank pH has stabalised at 7.6, is that too high for comfort? i think so.

Ive got some peat balls today that im using to prepare my water with to introduce some humic acid & tannins to the water column, my 200ltrs of prep water is currently sitting
at a pH of 6.2, which shouldnt have too much of an effect going into another 550ltrs.

I would like to try n get it down to atleast 7 pH to be safe..........
First i had 3 in 1 tank, then 8 in two tanks, now 14 in two tanks, where else can i put a tank.?? I`m running out of rooms.!!
Paul Tordoff
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Mark Woodhouse » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:27 pm

7.6, too high?...Not if you are a Frontosa! :biggrin: Sorry that doesn't help much does it?...It does seem a bit too high, it will be a shame if you do have to mess about with your water to get it how you want...Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier in the long run to just move house to an area where they have Discus water on tap?!
GONE FISHING
Mark Woodhouse
regular visitor
regular visitor

Postby Tony Vaughan » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:36 pm

IMO 7.6 is fine so long as the acclimatisation is done gradually and the water stays at 7.6.

What they don't like is 7.6 in the morning and (said owner does a large water change) then it goes to 7.3 and in the evening it is back at 7.6 again cos that's what the water settle's at.............JMO.

Best Regards..................Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Water and Filtration