[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Discus Page Holland • View topic - Hello - newbie in need of help :)

Hello - newbie in need of help :)

This is the place to introduce yourself

Moderator: DPH Moderators

Hello - newbie in need of help :)

Postby Maria Ashton » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:57 am

Hello All

I am new to fish keeping as a whole and did not listen to those who advised waiting before embarking on the adventure of discus keeping. I bought a second hand tank with 11 discus of various sizes, cardinals, corydoras, rams and 2 albino, 1 golden nugget and 1 ? pleco(s). I added two baby discus I already had and two baby angelfish. Bought the tank a month ago and have had a series of disasters but all the fish bar one small ram, are alive, eating and quite colourful. I have driven my husband mad with water changes all the time. I am still battling a number of problems - I will post in the appropriate section of the forum for these.

Have found this site great so far

Maria
Maria Ashton
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Hello - newbie in need of help :)

Postby Tony Vaughan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:08 am

Hi Maria,

sorry to hear of your problems.

We are here to help (a few of us) so let us know how we can help and hopefully we can work together to improve things and reduce your losses.

Best Regards.............Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Maria Ashton » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Thanks Tony, have posted in the illness section. Look forward to your advice
Maria Ashton
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tony Vaughan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi Maria,

It is a long and detailed post so well done for that. Now, in dealing with the problems I would like to discuss one at a time and see if I can help you but rather than typing and posting I would like to help in another format, but............Walter might sack me for this :wink:

Let me worry about :wink:

Best Regards..............Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Morten Garathun-Hansen » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Hi Maria

Welcome to the forum :smile:

Morten :bwian:
Morten Garathun-Hansen

Postby Maria Ashton » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Thanks Morten
Maria Ashton
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tony Vaughan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi Maria,

If you wish feel free to put up some pics of your fish and or your set up.

Best Regards..............Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Maria Ashton » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:22 am

Hi - I am trying to get some decent snaps, my husband posted some videos on youtube about a month ago but they tank has since changed and the fish have grown. Anyway will work it out.

Thanks
Maria
Maria Ashton
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tony Vaughan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:38 am

No Bother Maria,

if you need help then this link might assist

Any problems give me a shout.

Best Regards............Tony
Tony Vaughan