pH Monitor

Technical things that don't fit in the other 2 topics.

Moderator: DPH Moderators

pH Monitor

Postby Hugo Liang » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:32 am

PinPoint pH Monitor
Any opinion on it, is it useful? Thanks.
Hugo Liang

Postby Fred Goodall » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:56 am

Hi Hugo :welcome:

We do not rate products here other than give feed back in "Feedback" subforum of products or service of OFFICAL DPH Paid Sponsors.... that said... pH monitors workd good if "probes" are kept clean and replaced when needed. "Useful" depends upon how you have it set up... with pH adjusting selonoid controlled pH "doser" or to CO2 unit ... or if it is a model that give "constant readout" of pH so that YOU manually "correct" pH problems. So... depends upon YOUR expectations and the product's capabilities.

Brand to brand... all meters depend upon "probe" cleaning, calibration and replacement when needed. Probes are NOT designed to be stored "dry" once they are calibrated and put into use. Letting them "dry out" between uses usually is the cause of reports of "rotten product" :wink: So follow all the directions exactly for "proper care and handling" of the product you get.
Regards,

fred :hat:

"You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?""(Bernard Shaw)
Fred Goodall
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hugo Liang » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:31 am

Hugo Liang

Postby Fred Goodall » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:40 am

Hi Hugo :welcome:

Sorry, but I am not sure I understand what you want by way of recommendation? If you mean regarding brand of pH test kit... one of the most accurate is "Hatch" ... but for you and I... Tetra would fine... Kordon too... and some others. Tetra is liquid reagents so is very easy to use ... Kordon is powder in packets so bit harder to use but are "use dated"... you know... date "best used by" :wink: But Tetra probably sells fast in the LFS you find it in... as most LFS only stock what "sells" ( if you see dust on the box... forget it ) :wink: Unless dealing with wild discus... pH is NOT critical to the discus other than being "stable" over 24 hrs. I mean that pH being stable during 24 hrs is much more important to discus today ( domestic discus ) than a specific acid pH.
Regards,

fred :hat:

"You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?""(Bernard Shaw)
Fred Goodall
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Other Technical Questions