Converting a Co2 unit

Technical things that don't fit in the other 2 topics.

Moderator: DPH Moderators

Converting a Co2 unit

Postby Russell Watson » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:07 pm

Hi all
I am fed up buying the small Co2 cartridges and have aquired a large Co2 Bottle. Stands about 3 foot. used for pumping Co2 to drinks dispenser PUBs. What do I need to reduce the pressure to enable me to couple it with my pressure guages that I use with the standard low pressure canisters.
Russell Watson
regular visitor
regular visitor

Postby Mats Ekholm » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:56 pm

Hi Russel :welcome:

you would probably need a regulator that fits the neck/treads of yor new bottle :arrow: a regulator with a manometer to read the pressure in the bottle and a manometer/regulator with a adjustable valve to regulate the pressure (usually shows L/min) Usually both in same unit.. :arrow: used also for different welding gases...in hospitals for oxygen and so on... BUT you would have to find out which unit fits your bottle... Some times they use different necks and treads on different bottles..
Usually different on medical gas and on welding gas bottles.... and might also be different on gas used in food industries...

Brg-Matte- :owl:
Im not confused, Im just well mixed !
Mats Ekholm
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mats Ekholm » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:51 pm

Forgot one thing.. :angel:

If you talk to your pub owner :arrow: bartender..staff... and ask if you can take a look at their regulator.. You should be able to find a serial number on the regulator :arrow: from that number and the manufacturer you should be able to find out the treads of the neck on your bottle :arrow: and wich regulator is used.. From the treads of you should also be able to find out some other regulators that fits the bottle.. All is depending on which pressure you are aiming for.. usually you can order the regulator from your local hardware store or welding suplier...The manufacturer usually makes regulators to all bottles in different variations..

I stop my regulator novel here :angel:

Im not confused, Im just well mixed !
Mats Ekholm
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Other Technical Questions