Red shoulder manucapuru

Information on another popular "flat and round fish" that most of us keep.

Re: Red shoulder manucapuru

Postby Tony Vaughan » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:39 pm

Coool,

I look forward to it.

No clue what tapatalk is I even find it hard enough to us photobucket at times.

Best Regards..............Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mark Woodhouse » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:03 am

Photobucket and those other things are outdated and a pain in the backside if you want something doing in an instant.
Tapatalk is for use with smartphones and forums.
Use the forum as you usually would with your phone, which is good if you have an hour to kill and aren't near a pc.
Then when you've done a post, instead of having to go to a different site and paste codes or whatever, you simply select a photo on your phone and click, that's it, it's on the site.
It's a very popular app, on SD there are a lot of members use it.
GONE FISHING
Mark Woodhouse
regular visitor
regular visitor

Postby Tony Vaughan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:13 am

LOL - TY Mark :thumbsup:

I don't have a smartphone nor do I see myself using one in the near future. I'm old school so apologies for recommending an "outdated" app.

And personally speaking I am not a fan of Simply Discus :question: :?: :question: I am not a US based Discus Keeper nor will I conform to SD ideals...............and neither will DPH while I am admin :wink:
DPH is not a forum as such, it is Walter's living room, that's how he saw it and how I see it. If anyone wants to come to a person's home and have a cup of tea, coffee or a beer and chat about the fish we love then we are all more than welcome here. If we all learn something to boot then that's a bonus.

Best Regards...................Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mark Woodhouse » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Hello Tony.
I spend all my time on the Finarama site, it's so interesting, the articles and stuff are great reading and i've spent many an hour just glued to the screen!
The SD site sells freeze-dried Blackworms which obviously we cant get here and he gave me prices to send, it was sooooooo expensive but then i found out that the same worms are in Australia as well, and so is most of my family so they are looking into prices for me and will get me a load. My cousin's coming over in May so he will bring them over he said, so it will be free shipping as well!
Really looking foreward to the Altums growing, i cant believe how much red is tinged in the fins, it will be nice if it gets redder with age, i have no personal experience with these so i don't know but these fish really are a class above the everyday Angels, i am so glad i bought them.
GONE FISHING
Mark Woodhouse
regular visitor
regular visitor

Postby Tony Vaughan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi Mark,

Finarama is an excellent site with some great people. IMO Ed Ruiz knows as much about Altums as anyone else in the world and a much nicer guy than Heiko :wink:

Good to hear that things are going and growing well. Personally I would not use those worms due to unforeseen risks................JMO.

Keep us posted on the Altums :thumbsup:

Best Regards...................Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mark Woodhouse » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:38 am

Hello again!
The Altums are ticking over nicely at the minute, there is one that has the same fin size as the others but the body size is only half that of the others, he doesn't seem to attack the food like the others either but i'm not worried if he doesn't make it. I bought extra thinking that i would have a few losses anyway, he still looks in perfect health though with no clamped fins or anything so he might just not be a big eater (although i always find that hard to believe with Angels of any sort!)
Tony, i have found the site with my Altums on that were imported, it is EV Aquatics, she obviously has not updated it because when i looked at the Altums, it had my quantity of 5 that i bought.
My tank is still out of stock and i'm getting very impatiant now, it's been about 4 weeks and i want to start taking video's so i can keep a track on their growth rate!
Anyway enough of my rambling again, cya laters mate.
GONE FISHING
Mark Woodhouse
regular visitor
regular visitor

Postby Tony Vaughan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Hi Mark :welcome:

Just try and make sure if you are feeding them to feed them in several places at the same time. This can ensure that dominant and sub servant fish get some food and will avoid the dominant fish stressing the others out too much that they do not get enough to eat :wink:

I've had a quick look at that site and I must say it looks impressive from the outset. One thing that I do not like is the fact that q-tine procedure in place takes a min of 14 days to take place. While this is min it does not explain what the max is and it does not explain the difference or how soon fish are released for sale.........not having a go just commenting on what I see before me :wink:
I do like the fact that they offer SAK food for sale. That is a good brand IMO :thumbsup:

WTF do you mean when you say, "My tank is still out of stock and i'm getting very impatient now" :question: :?: :question:

And Who the fewk says you are rambling again :question: :?: :question: Forums are built on discussion and the only difference with this one is that this is not your typical forum. I see this as Walter's living room and I have been fortunate to have been in that very room with his lovely wife having tea and biscuits while I was very sleepy but still it had an air of chat, respect and courtesy. (he did scorn me with my heavy heels on his new wooden floor but like Dutch tradition I should have taken my shoes off.............my bad)

No matter what I wish you every success with you new additions and keep us updated of their progress.............we are all eager

Best Regards..............Tony

Be sure to upload what you can, when you can..................cos' like Walter's Living Room...........there is always someone that wants to listen and learn :?: :question:
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mark Woodhouse » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Thanks Tony!
The little Altum doesn't get bullied or shoved out of the way or anything, the food goes in near the current and it gets blown all over the tank but he just doesn't seem interested, i'm presuming it must have always been like this because it must have been all the same batch i presume that i bought and the others are all roughly the same size but he is half the body size even though his fins are nearly full size like the others!
As i said before, i bought more than i really needed but was expecting a few losses so as long as i get 4 out of the 6 to a big size, i will be more than happy!
I have noticed that the original one that i bought on it's own has quite a big eye compared to the group of 5 and it is a bit paler, the whole group has the black blotch behind their eyes which comes and goes as well.
That Qt thing is a bit strange, she had had mine for 3 months with no problems, that's why i'm very happy with them, and i'm not as worried about keeping them now as i was before i bought them with only other people's experiences to read about, i feel confident that i can keep them healthy and growing (and growing and growing and growing!)
The tank i'm waiting for is the one i ordered before Christmas that is out of stock, an aqua one 650s cube tank. I can't go anywhere else for it because of the price, in my local shop it was £900, the cheapest on the internet was £650 and this one from arkpetsonline was £450, it includes the cabinet, hood, cannister filter, heater and twin t5 lighting so all i have to do is add my water and fish!
GONE FISHING
Mark Woodhouse
regular visitor
regular visitor

Postby Tony Vaughan » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:59 am

YVW :wink:

It sounds like you are doing well so far so needless to say that the longer it goes the risk of losing any diminishes.

A large eye can indicate a stunted fish but the degree of this can be hard to determine.

K, that explains the tank issue..........hopefully you will get the desired result :wink:

Best Regards...........Tony
Tony Vaughan
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Angel Fish